Tuesday, September 23, 2014

3 Months Milk Stash

My baby's 3 months already?! Ok, this is gonna happen a lot after each month comes by. But where did time go? Why is everything moving super fast? I'm not complaining though..just a thought :)

So this third month...besides the fact that Razeen is starting to turn, he fell sick for the first time :(


Fever, cough and flu...something he got from Raees. It broke my heart to hear my little boy coughing so hard and crying so loud. Alhamdulillah he is getting better now. And yes, now I got the flu.

So as you may know, I've been storing milk like nobody's business. Hey, you never know when I might have to go for a last minute one week long work trip somewhere !

Even during confinement I have suggested to my mom that we get a freezer for the milk. But she said there's no need..we can dedicate one tray in the deep freezer for the milk.

So what happens when one tray's full? I looked for space at the other parts of the deep freezer...


In between the food stored in there...any space I can find.


But it was just too full, so I started storing the the fridge freezer. It started off like this...


Which soon started falling off every time the freezer is opened as it was over stuffed.


Since my milk has conquered both freezers at home, only then mom agreed that we get that freezer just for my stash.

So I ordered a 120L chest freezer online and it was delivered to my doorstep.


We found a special corner for it upstairs....


It took me such a long time to sort out the milk as some dates were all mixed up. After about 2 weeks, finally my stash is organised...


And I never thought the freezer I bought couldn't hold ALL the milk. It was filled to the brim and some bags are still in the deep freezer in the kitchen.

So far I have around 250 packs of EBM, that's over 1000oz Alhamdulillah rezeki Razeen :)

Many have asked what I did to get an abundance of milk supply. I don't take any milk boosters. Honestly, although I don't pump as often as I should, my milk supply maintains itself. There may be a slight drop since I started work but not significant.

This is the record I've brought home so far...


That's about 26 oz. Mainly because I had a long day at work.

And that one time when I was chasing a deadline, I hardly got any sleep, my pumping schedule went haywire and Razeen only woke up once at night. I was engorged the next morning and this was what I got...


14 oz in one pumping session..my record so far. But this is not a good practice! Engorgement will only send a signal to the body to reduce the milk supply.

There you have it, my milk story for the first 3 months. I wonder how it will be at 6 months? Hmm..

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

intannazirajalil said...

Hai Irin, saya nak tny, chest freezer ni can hold up to 6 months ke?

farr said...

hi Irin, may I know how long usually do you pump per session?

IRIN PUTRI said...

Boleh...

IRIN PUTRI said...

If I'm in a hurry..under 10 mins. If biasa2..around 10-15 mins. If I have a lot of time..upto 20 mins :)

Anonymous said...

U are my idol actually bcoz of ur breastfeeding commited..I want to be like u.