Friday, July 18, 2014

The First Month

Condolence to the family and friends of the passengers and crew members of MH17. It's difficult to digest that such tragedy could happen furthermore to our national airline yet again, after all its been through.
___________________

Dear Razeen,

You are a month young today! It feels like just yesterday you were brought into this world. You're growing up too fast *sob*

Although you're always vomiting (on me, on the bed, on your clothes, everywhere-lah), I'm glad you are gaining weight quite well. Last I checked, you've gained more than 1kg already !Your cheeks look chubbier too, which make them quite pinchable. In fact Abang Raees also finds them irresistible.


Mommy's glad your Abang and you are getting along very well. Although sometimes you get annoyed with his endless kisses.


I guess he's just glad you're finally here. Being the only child for almost 5 years must've been quite boring for him.


You also have quite an appetite, huh? Ah well, that's what this first few months all about..susu anytime anywhere. But what I'm concerned about is when I get back to work.

Mommy thought of taking additional days off after maternity leave to spend more time with you and have a smoother transition when returning to work. But looks like work is already waiting for mommy. As soon as maternity leave ends, I'm all set to go out shooting again. It's one of those I-don't-have-much-choice situation. I hope you understand, Razeen.


Sorry dear, although you're dressed the part, you can't follow mommy to work.

But fret not coz over the last 3 weeks, I've been stocking up milk for you. Lucky you coz I've had experience with your brother. Now the stored milk is taking up so much space in the freezer already. It's probably 2-weeks worth of supply. So if I ever need to go out station anytime soon, there's sufficient mommy's milk for you already.


As you may have noticed, I've been pumping while you feed on the other side. In one day I'm able to get between 12-20 oz of mommy's milk pumped. Yay for mommy! :)


I keep the milk in storage bags between 4-5 oz each. I assume is the amount of milk you consume in one serving.


What mommy likes about breastfeeding besides the bonding experience is the fact that I don't need to work out to lose weight. That's because breastfeeding is equivalent to about 1.5 hours of aerobic workout ;)


Did you know I gained 20kg when I was carrying you? Today, 1 month after giving birth to you, I went on the scale for the first time. I liked what I saw. I've shed over 15kg already. Yahoo! The more I breastfeed/pump, the more calories I burn, the more weight I lose.

So that's the 'report' for the first month. Who knows that next month's progress will be like? I have yet to introduce the bottle to you. That would definitely be next month's milestone. Will I reach my pre pregnancy weight? Will there be a new freezer in the kitchen to store all of mommy's milk? How will I prepare to go back go work?

We'll just have to wait and see.


Love,
Mommy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

PeRdU cINta said...

Alhamdulillah atas kelahiran putera kedua..moga istiqhomah dalam memberi susu ibu..amin,,

neverletmego said...

woow envy u.
thank you for the motivational entry!!! wish me luck in my breastfeeding journey :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Irin...
Congratulations on ur second baby boy! He is so much like his mummy :D
Im a new mummy.. Still under confinement...
Would u care to share any tips to maintain/increse mummy's milk? I can see ur storage is superb!

Thank you..