Monday, June 09, 2014

Super Prepared

I remember how I struggled during the first month of breastfeeding Raees.

He couldn't latch properly for a little over a month and would get upset when he failed to latch again and again. While he cried, I would get letdown and there was milk spraying everywhere! Haha! Those were the days...
I also remember how I was equipped with just a manual pump for about 8 months and yet managed to store EBM. I wasn't confident with my ability to store breast milk that I put formula on stand by (which eventually was never opened).
Come to think of it, I don't know how I managed to do that. To be honest, I was not prepared for breastfeeding at all.

I also remember a lactation consultant came to assist me at the hospital while I was so clueless about breastfeeding. I thought that because Raees wouldn't latch, he didn't want to feed! While helping me, I specifically recall her saying,"second child nanti you akan expert dah."

Well, I wouldn't call myself 'expert'. Just 'more experienced'. I'm sure she would be proud to know that Raees eventually became a BF baby for almost 2.5 years :)
I only started following breastfeeding FB groups after I weaned Raees..can you believe that? So much information shared that I could've applied when I was BFing Raees. For example, placing storage bags horizontally doesn't just save space in the freezer but it eases thawing too. So simple yet I never thought of it and never came across it before. I felt like such loser.
But at least now I know.

So with this second pregnancy, I'm as prepared as I can be. I gained a lot of useful information all this while and the time will soon come for me to apply it. Got myself a new pump for a start. Smaller and more convenient, I'm super satisfied with this purchase.
Oh yeah, back then I purchased all baby stuff from shops. How convenient is it that now almost everything we need for a baby is available online AND at bargain price?!
Plus, we don't need to waste energy by walking around and they send the things right at our door step. Don't know if these online baby stores existed 5 years ago. If they did, that's double loser me!

Only a few days left til my due date. So excited! Can't wait to meet the little one :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


3 comments:

Airin Diana Anuar said...

Take care and have fun FS-ing ;)

Yeah, most of the online shops were already there last 5 years, irin. bought most of my babies items like the FS tru online back in 2011.

Pretty Folds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thara said...

so excited for you to share your bf journey once again! i know i suck at that lol. 8 more month to go yeeha! :P