Monday, April 28, 2014

Out And About In The Third Trimester


My pregnancy has reached the third trimester! Alhamdulillah...everything is going very smooth. Which is why it seems I didn't slow down much as I entered this stage of the pregnancy. At 28 weeks, I made my way to Chengdu, China...again! The last time I went there was during the first trimester.


I learned from experience and brought a whole lot of food supply this time around. 


But this trip is different for me. Last time I went to a slightly rural area for a shoot and this time I was in the city center for a documentary conference called 'Asian Side of the Doc'.


I was there with my boss and we walked 10 minutes from the hotel to reach the venue every morning. Expecting that I was gonna do a lot of walking, I came prepared and got myself a pair of comfortable walking shoes. Boy, it was a life saver!


We also found a halal Muslim restaurant which was really close to the venue of the conference. So we had our lunch and/or dinner there everyday for 5 days. 


And the food taste as good as it looks *thumbs up*

On top of walking back and forth our hotel and the venue of the conference, I also did a lot of walking when we were out buying things in the city. We ventured out twice and both times I walked for about 2 hours. Thanks to those comfy boots, I survived.


Weird thing happened when I was there. Almost everyone who saw me looked at me at least twice. Some don't make an effort to 'coverline' and just out right stared at me (more specifically, my belly). One man even came up to me, stared at me and said something in Chinese while pointing at my belly. Scary experience there coz I was alone that time waiting for my 'shopping buddy' who was in a shop.


I have a couple of theories why they do that. 

First, because China has a one-child policy (which they have now changed to two-child policy I heard) and probably don't see many pregnant woman. 

Second, because my belly was so big already, MAYBE it's their custom that heavily pregnant woman just stay home. 

Not long after spending 6 days in China, I went out for a Majalah 3 assignment. It is an on going story that I've been working on and I brought someone else to assist me in case I got tired on location. I knew I was gonna be shoot outdoor but didn't expect the surrounding to be like this. 


Because it is an on going story that I've been shooting for the last few months, I tried my best to cover my belly in an attempt to maintain the continuation. Can't have no belly in one scene and huge belly in another scene right? Hehe..


I recently went for my usual check up with the doctor and it seems I have gained 3.5kg in 3 weeks. Shocking to me too. I think I didn't gain much on my body so I thought the baby must be huge (hence the belly). Surprisingly, he/she is small! The doctor says I have to rest a lot and do less walking in order for the baby to grow bigger. 

I guess now I have to stop going out and about. I have to stop walking for lunch at One Utama too. The only thing I'm worried about now is...I hardly did any shopping for my new bundle of joy. Does that mean I have to cut down on shopping too? :(

Ah well, online shopping it is then.

No comments: