Monday, February 24, 2014

Dilemma No More

For the past 3-4 weeks, I've been struggling to fight my craving for desserts. It hasn't been easy I tell you!

The first few days I probably had what I think is a withdrawal syndrome. I got so exhausted just climbing the stairs! A small piece of chocolate later, I was myself again.

This one day I had a heavy dinner but ended up searching the fridge and cupboard high and low for something...and I knew what that something was. It's something I am suppose to cut down. So I kept on searching for an alternative. But there was nothing that tickled my fancy.

I was happy after a spoonful of ice cream and only then I stopped searching around the kitchen.

I also tried to cut down on rice and bread. Since I can't run away from those two on a daily basis, I only had small portions. I also thought it was good to ensure I don't gain as much weight as I did before.

The most recent visit to the doctor proved that my efforts paid off. I gained lesser than before. About 1.5kg..an average weight gain I suppose. Although I was targeting for a slightly smaller number.

But further check up found out that the little one is slightly smaller than he/she should be (-_-)

I was advised to rest more and do less walking. And make sure I eat well. Hmm..could my less sugar and carbo diet have caused this?

Or could be because my physical activities are somewhat the same as when I was not pregnant? I play with Raees like how I usually do. I walk to One Utama for lunch almost every day. The only difference is I haven't been out for shoots as often as before.

So now I've decided I will not control my diet too strictly. Eat what I want when I want but in moderation. Yes, that's what I'll do.

So over the weekend we went for a family getaway to Pangkor Island.


We had buffet breakfast and dinner. Boy, did I eat! I'm the kind who tries almost everything at the buffet..which includes desserts.

I dare not go on the scale. At least not yet. But here's another good news I found out today...


How cool is that?? I'm gonna try a chocolate diet after I deliver my little one. Who knew dieting could be so much fun?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Airin Diana Anuar said...

take care irin!
dont stop from what you want to eat, no diet, do everything in moderation, okay!
and of course, enjoy this pregnancy. second one shud be as memorable as the first one ;)

BLADE H said...

assalam irin..

its been a while since my last visit to this blog :-)

well, quite wonderful story u got there :-) hehehe...

congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy. enjoy the moment..