Monday, January 06, 2014

The Tummy Story

About five years ago I looked like a heavily pregnant woman when I was just 6 months along. And that was my first pregnancy!


Some even thought I was carrying twins when it was just little old Raees occupying my womb.

People say the tummy grows bigger in the subsequent pregnancies because everything was stretched before. I was still trying to loose the excess tummy fat from 4 years ago when I found out I was pregnant again. I actually signed up for a gym membership a couple of months before that. It's a milestone for me coz I never worked out before. And no, I didn't renew my membership.

Anyway, in the attempt to keep my pregnancy low key and out of the radar, for the last 3-4 months I've been wearing relatively loose clothing to work to hide my not-big-enough-to-look-pregnant-but-just-fat-looking tummy.


But a few observant lot can sense it from a mile away.

Like fashion guru, Sasha Bashir. She said,"You don't usually wear clothes like this. Are you pregnant?"

Another colleague, Phyza, whose eyes caught my tummy as my loose kimono cardigan terselak and slightly exposed the inner for a nanosecond, came up to congratulate me.

There were times I wished I could fast forward til my body looked betul-betul pregnant so people don't assume I've gained weight. I love to embrace the baby bump rather than hiding it. I already have so many ideas in my head on how to style my preggy body. I knew I had to be patient.

I guess from now on I can dress the way I'd like to since I'm already looking like this...


The belly button popped as early as 2 months ok! It came as a shock to me too.

And in case you're wondering, I'm not carrying twins :P


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone 5S (Yes! Finally!)

3 comments:

Ayuni Ayatillah said...

Congratulations! :)

Ome Cool said...

Tahniah :) nice gap between no 1 and no 2, just like mine. My 2 girls are 4 and 7 years old.

Airin Diana Anuar said...

Hye irin
Congrates!!

Raees will now prepare to be big brother now :)