Monday, January 13, 2014

5 Years Later

The world is moving so fast nowadays that so much can happen in 5 years. So much can CHANGE in 5 years. And I really felt it with this pregnancy. The experience is quite different for me this time around. One thing that made it all that distinctive is technology.


Back in 2009, smart phones were considered rare, mainly because the device was still new. Like majority of middle incomers, I was still using the 'normal' phone. You know, equipped with a 3.2mp camera and able to play music besides the other standard telephone functions.

I kept up to date with my pregnancy progress by logging on to the PC and going to a couple of websites including Baby Center. So whenever I was not in front of a computer, I was pretty much cut off from the outside world and no access to baby info, unless I reach out for the 'What To Expect When You're Expecting' book that was at my bedside table.

During my 24-hour labour, I was again cut off from the outside world coz I didn't have access to the internet. So there were no status updates...nor were there tweets that says things like..

"Good morning! I've been induced. You can come out now little guy."
"After watching 3 movies, now I can finally feel the contractions. Oooouch! It's getting more intense! Breatheeee..."
"All that pain and just 1cm?? Aaaargh!!"
"Thanks for letting me sleep through the night Mr. Epidural."
"Well hello there little one :)"

Nor photos posted via Instagram...


But now that smart phones have evolved, almost everyone is connected anywhere and anytime. It has become such a big part of our lives that sometimes I think there's an invisible handcuff that's causing us to be super attached to the device. I would turn back if I left my phone. I would even turn back if I left my power bank. But I won't turn back if I left my purse. Come on, don't tell me you're not like me.

So 5 years later, I'm reminded of my second baby's progress every week from the 2 apps I downloaded.


Without having to search, I find myself reading useful information about pregnancy. Some which I might not have read if it wasn't in the app.


And it makes the whole pregnancy experience so systematic...


Back then I didn't update this blog for most parts of my pregnancy (I blame hormones). Heck, I even went hibernating in 2013. So this year I pledged to myself, or call it a new year resolution, to revive my blog and share/record this wonderful experience of being pregnant.

Blogging is also easier nowadays. I'm writing this while laying sideways in bed. Thank you iPhone! Love you long time :x

Now there's one question that remains unanswered - what will the title of this blog be when the new baby comes? "Irin Putri & Sons" or "Irin Putri & Kids" ?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Awank Kurniawan said...

nice post about technology right now..
and keep on blogging too coz i saw you are a consistent blog from 2004. not many of blogger can do as same as you..

thanks....

@KataAwank

Wisata Murah