Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Not A Very Healthy Birthday

I know, I know...I've been slacking, big time. Oh well, I'm here now, aren't I? :)

Raees celebrated his 2nd birthday on the 25th of August. But this time around we didn't celebrate or plan things as much as we did for his first birthday. Here's why...

1. Unwell
What a bummer to be sick on your birthday. But that's what happened. Raees is the kind who seldom falls sick but this time it just happened on his special day. His lost his appetite, had fever and infected tonsils, again. The last time this happened was when I was quarantine for chicken pox. If back then I didn't get to look after him, this time around I was with him the whole time. So much for a birthday..


2. What party?
I remember taking a whole week off from work to prepare for his first birthday party. Maybe that time work wasn't as demanding. But with my hectic schedule now, I don't have that luxury any more. Plus over the last few months, Raees' social skills wasn't as good. He hated crowded places and noise, including the birthday song. So I thought we should skip a party this year coz I have an image of him crying while people sing his happy birthday song.

However with the coming of age, he has shown tremendous improvement in recent weeks. When we had people over for Hari Raya, he was totally cool and mingled with the other kids amazingly. This got me thinking of a belated birthday party for him. Hmmm...


3. Stomach Bug, Free For All
So with a belated birthday party for my boy in mind, I thought we could celebrate together with Mer's and my birthday (2nd and 28th Sept respectively). I was shooting in Penang when I received a text message from Mer at 5 am saying Raees vomited every few minutes within an hour and they were at the hospital to get emergency treatment!! There was vomit all over my mom and Mer while getting to the hospital. Doctor said it could be food poisoning. But he wasn't purging though.

He returned to the hospital 3 days later because he hardly ate. This time the doctor said it seemed like a bug attack that targets the gut. He will recover after he does a major 'no.2'. True enough, he did so the next day and he was all good after that!


But that wasn't the end of it. Soon my mom, dad and Mer got the 'bug'. A few days later my brother, me and the maid got it too! Crazy infectious bug we had going around the house!

You'll never guess how the bug attack left an impact on Raees.... (to be continued)


* decided on cute and healthy pictures instead of the sickly ones, just because.

4 comments:

Suliana said...

welcome back irin :-) hepi bday for raees and irin too. may Allah bless both of you.. sian raees.. ok, continue the story :-p

Anonymous said...

cant wait to read the next....;D

DALELLA JAAFAR said...

Happy Birthday to you Raees n kak irin.= _ +dah besar anak bujang kak irin..

ida khairani said...

happy belated birthday!

bug apa irin?