Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Money Matters, Really!

Have you read? There’s RM1.1b worth of PTPTN loan that is unpaid! Glad to say I don’t contribute to that amount because I didn’t take loans during my MMU years. Phew! My parents had a bit of funds put aside that was enough to cover my foundation year. And for my degree, I didn’t have to worry as I received a scholarship.
My mom (especially) is very particular about savings – she made an effort to save up whenever possible. So I try my best to follow in her footsteps and save up the little money that I have left monthly by doing some investments.


One reason why we took our time to conceive Raees to begin with is because of our family and financial planning. When Mer and me got married, both our careers were taking off and we needed to further strengthen our financial (plus, my parents were out of the country – don’t want them to miss out on their very first grandchild right?).
When the time was right and the timing was perfect, Raees was born. I’ve been giving him a solid health foundation via breastfeeding him for 2 years (yes I’ve reached my target and so far going beyond it!) and soon to be on formula like Mamil Gold to continue strengthen his immunity.
Health – check. How about his future expenses?

Well, I made an effort to set up his own education fund when he was young as 6 months old. Talking about solid foundation, I’m amazed how Mamil Gold have thought so well for us as parents. They now are putting up ‘A Solid Foundation Contest’ with mechanics, with every purchase of Mamil Gold you will stand a chance to win WEEKLY, MONTHLY and GRAND PRIZE of MORE THAN RM600,000.
Hmm…Raees can have more than just 1 savings right? Maybe this is something you can look into too! Contest period starts from 1st September to 31st December. Now I have found an alternative solution for my boy’s education expenses.

No comments: