Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Blessed!

A few months ago I was asked to submit any health-related reports that was aired in 2010 for the Health Ministry Media Awards. I had a few stories during my time at Majalah 3 but I felt the one that gave more impact was definitely the one on Maggot Therapy.

You see, it took about 4 years to make! Found out about it back in 2006 and completed about 75% shoot for MedikTV. We even stayed up til 1am to wait for the flies to lay eggs :P Unfortunately all the hardwork went down the drain because it was never aired. We had difficulty searching for a suitable patient that went for the treatment because it was a fairly new treatment in Malaysia that time.

Then in 2009 I followed up again as I found out a the treatment more widely used. I started shooting from scratch. I featured a person who has benefitted greatly from the treatment. I even followed the journey of a lady going through the treatment and seeing the miracle results.

I also included an animation in the story...something that we hardly do for a weekly programme like Majalah 3.

All the hard work paid off as it was received the Best Health TV Programme Award during the Health Ministry Health Award last Friday.

A picture with the Health Minister is a must...




Also present were fellow colleagues from TV9 and NTV7 news, plus Astro Awani's Dino Omar.



This is my third award from the Health Ministry since 2006. I'm grateful to be acknowledge. Another reason why I totally love my job. So blessed!

10 comments:

Suliana said...

congrat's irin!! 5 k tu.. seronot nya..

nuril yani said...

tahniah..

amirah said...

congrats...keep it up..

mahizan.com said...

congrats!

Impian Serikandi said...

tahniah Irin..
akak suka tgk Irin sejak menjadi pengacara Medik TV.. truskan kecemerlanganmu..

cantekk said...

Alhamdulillah...congrates irin ;-D

ain zuraini said...

CONGRATZ...5K TU SHARE KE U ALONE YG DAPAT?? :-)

lily lotus said...

congrates irin :) so proud of u!

rara said...

hope it's not too late to congratulate u!

Ayu said...

congrats Irin! I watched the episode! A good one, that was. Didnt know it took so long to complete. You deserve it girl! : )