Thursday, April 21, 2011

Is It Really This Hard For Everyone?

It's times like these that I am considering delaying baby no.2 coz just handling my one and only boy proved to be very difficult. Here's the scenario:

Over the last few weeks Raees tends to wake up in the wee hours in the morning, have milk, toss and turn on the bed for 2-3 hours and then back to sleep. I have to keep an eye and hand on him coz he tends to go to the edge of the bed. He had his fair share of falling off the bed already.

When that happens (more often than not, it's on a work day) it naturally leaves me zombie-like in the day.

But today was more challenging. Raees didn't nap at all yesterday. As I got back from work, he had his fresh milk and easily dozed off just before 8pm. I thought this could be his new bedtime! (it's usually anytime between 11.30pm-12.30am.) I had signs of migraine last night so I was really thankful that Raees let me sleep early. Early pun not that early lah, 12 midnight jugak..after he woke up for milk and slept again.

All was good until 3 am today. Dia buat lagi!!

By 6.30am, I passed him to my mom. By 7am I was ready to go to work. He slept again just before I left. I have a shoot today and I hope the make up artist will do a good job to hide my zombie-look. Oh, headache's still there btw. Bye!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone in the car on the way to work

9 comments:

Nini D.. said...

adeh.,...adeh....
perit tu kene migrain...

Suliana said...

hehe.. notty ye raees sian kat mommy.. anyway, smlm tgk irin nyanyi kat bersamamu!!! best apa suara.. hehe.. leh wat album :-)

bonda dadif aka akish said...

ehehehhe..same like me la irin...thinking2....utk anak no2...

dannn...my boy pon still bangun utk menyusu....

cume bernaseb baek..my boy punye bedtime pukol 9.30pm...

=)

amirah said...

same here! i think my son has new sleep pattern now.bangun btwn 3-5 am and ajak everyone main dgn dia atau tgk tv sama2.ohh..if u hv tht zombie-look, i think mine is mummy look this time...waa

Hidayah said...

mine 21m old boy tend to do that too..goes to sleep around 8tish than wake up to toss n turn for an hour or so @ 1/2 am..then he will wake up again @ 5/6 am for milk stay awake until we go to work n he goes to nursery.lets just hope it will end soon...it does make me delaying the no 2 also

Enna said...

hmmmm not all the time la baby mcm tu, not to worry after a few month lagi dia akan berubah la rutin dia tu. lagi la if dia attend to nursery or playschool. my son now 4 years old, bila dah tido dalam 11.00 - 11.30pm dia hanya akan bangun pagi esoknya, kalau sebelum ke nursery dia boleh berjaga hingga 5 am, then tido. lagi teruk kalo i tunggu dia jaga.

BLADE EDGE said...

salam irin...

my baby girl pun slalu jugak mcm tu..except kalo 1 day tu letih sgt pi ronda2..then mesti mlm tu tido lena n xbangun until pagi esok. confirm mlm takde merengek sgt..

ruggedmom said...

hi! my youngest son dulu pun mcm tu, slpt at 2am everyday and i hv to wake up at 6 sbb anak2 yg lain akan ke sklh. Lama-lamaaaa nt dia akan berubah time lain pulak.

Untuk elak jatuh kenalah berkorban tidur kat bawah, tinggalkan tilam 8in tu bt sementara

~ SueHarriz ~ said...

u always look good, dear! =)