Friday, December 17, 2010

Pump, Store & Board

After my 10-day trip to Syria, I struggled to stock up on expressed breast milk (EBM) due to my very low milk production after the trip (which I managed to recover within a week, Alhamdulillah).

After 2 months plus, I have about 3-days worth of EBM in my freezer. Some were used during my chicken pox quarantine period, when I didn't manage to pump enough for Raees. Mind you, that time he was also sick and didn't eat much. So he demanded a lot of milk.

Anyway, I was away for a 3-day assignment in Johor this week and decided that I can't pump and throw like I usually do. If not, I will come back to an empty EBM storage which means trouble for my next assignment (scheduled next week).

So I brought along an extra hand luggage, the icebox.

I scheduled my shoot in JB in a way that allowed me to go back to the hotel in the afternoon to pump since I brought along the auto pump.


I couldn't find the luxury of pumping every 3 hours. I only managed to do so in the morning, afternoon, evening and night.

Anyhoo, my colleague has a friend who works at the hotel so he helped arrange for my milk to be stored at coffee house freezer.


I checked out as early as 5.30am to catch my flight back home and my milk was conveniently brought down to the lobby for me that very morning.

I managed to get a dozen packets of EBM in about 48 hours. Each about 4oz on average.


Good thing there was no problem carrying the milk along as hand luggage on domestic flight. So now my the EBM is restored! And I'm one happy mama :D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

Arissa Zoela said...

happy for u irin..i tak pernah lg kene travel jauh2 from my baby....

amirah said...

oh my..i'll be away for a training in sabah for 3 days.hopefully i can bring along my icebox too.tapi gedabak sgt..any idea how to pack all the EBM?

Ana Suzana said...

salute sgt2.. ^_^

BLADE EDGE said...

salam irin...

fuh..senangnya awak :-)

Little BlueBird said...

tabik spring la!i visit dealer kt kl pun pumping session da ke laut!!!tak bagus

Suliana said...

happy for u!! moga dipermudahkan segala urusan :-)

Hajarul Falenna said...

i dah cakap ke u nih memang milk producer yg bagus ?hehe..a good mum..soon after i have a baby, i wanna imitate ur habit, keep pumping breast milk so that we dont need to buy susu segera,hehe

MyRule said...

wow..not bad..:)

spectator said...

u're such a determined and committed mother..may allah bless u and ur family
breastfeeding for working mother is not easy..cuma org yg kuat je boleh berjaya

IRIN PUTRI said...

Arissa: thanks. Terpaksa buat gini bila dah jauh dgn baby.

Amirah: try getting a smaller icebox yg senang carry around.

Ana: thank u ;)

Blade: apa yg senang? Struggle juga...

Bluebird: thanks. Yeah memang Susan nak maintain pumping sessions ni bila kerja luar.

Suliana: thank u! Aminnn...

Hajarul: hehe thank u thank u. Kena rajin pump baru milk production maintain. :)

Myrule: thanks ;)

Spectator: thanks for the support. Appreciate it :)