Monday, November 15, 2010

So Near Yet So Far

That's me hiding under the covers in the guest room where I've been since 5 Nov. As of today, I'm still there thanks to the mild chicken pox. Mild as it may seem, it takes forever for the very few spots to dry!

As I mentioned before, Raees wasn't in the best of health just after I began quarantine. He had fever which I feared could develop into chicken pox. A visit to his doctor confirmed that his tonsils were the problem. He had trouble eating and drinking for about 2 days, most probably because of his tonsils. His fever was on and off...

He was clingy and cranky most of the time til my mom had to wear the sling in the house to carry him around to keep him quiet. All the while I could only listen to his cries and whines and hope so badly that he will stop and continue laughing like he always had.

My mother and Mer had a difficult time with Raees, especially with me forced into isolation. Alhamdulillah, the antibiotics he took worked and he was fever-free a few days later. Just a bit of cough and runny nose, which the doctor said will go off by itself.

Because he was well, the doctor also said he could finally get his chicken pox vaccination! As soon as he got back from the jab, I was confident enough to be close to him. Imagine, I had to avoid him for a week! When I finally had him in my arms and look at him properly, he was noticibly thinner. In fact, his weight went below the 11kg mark. It used to reach 11.5kg.

Even with the vaccination, I still haven't started breastfeeding directly as there is one spot pretty close to where the milk resides that is still not totally dry. I'm still sleeping in the guest room downstairs and I don't know when I will be able to go back to work or whether I get to spend Hari Raya Haji like everyone else.

But what matters now is, I get to be with my boy again :)

10 comments:

Fana Flora said...

kak irin, get well soon.
akak first time kena chicken pox ke?

yatie chomeyl said...

get well soon. harap2 u dpt la beraya dgn org lain ye

BLADE EDGE said...

salam irin...

kesiannya...dua2 tak sihat :-)

anyway, get well soon...


p/s: patut la lama xnampak kat tv3...hahahaha...

Nini D.. said...

Irin dear..moga cepat sembuh ye..jgn risau..Raes is a strong boy..just like his mommy!

Little BlueBird said...

fuhhhh..! Been waiting for your entry...nak tau gak BB raess ok or not..hopefully with vaksin..he's ok...
U take care!!

lily lotus said...

pity u. get well soon yer

Thara said...

thinking about it, i wonder how your hubs took care of raees (put raees to sleep) every nite when u were quarantined? must have been very interesting! :P

Suliana said...

sy pun kena akit mata, x baik lagi, ni sume sebab berjangkit ngan aqil.. camana la nak raya haji ni. terpaksa la org kg terima diriku yg sakit mata ni. hehe

IRIN PUTRI said...

Fana: thanks..haah first time.

Yatie: pagi raya gi check up kat clinic utk confirm boleh keluar quarantine atau tak..haih..

Blade: thanks. Tu lah..sepatutnya saya host Whi special raya :(

NiƱi: thank you. Surprisingly immune system dia sgt kuat. Dua Kali expose dgn org chicken pox masa belum inject vaccination and yet dia tak kena. Lagi kuat dari Mak dia :)

Bluebird: haha mcm tunggu sambungan cerekarama pulak ye..suspen :P alhamdulillah raees ok :)

Lily: Feeling much better, thanks ;)

Thara: interesting indeed! Kesian coz he and my mom didn't get much sleep the whole time I was quarantined, especially when he was not well.

Suliana: takpe..raya pakai sunglasses. Kelasss! ;)

Mommy Prince said...

Get well soon.
my son pun ada prob tonsil. :(