Thursday, October 07, 2010

Raees' 1st Birthday Party

The thing about me is, when I put my mind into something, I go all out to do it. With Raees' birthday party, I was all fired up to give all my effort to make sure the event turns out nice. He may be just a year old and hardly cares about birthdays now, but everyone knows the first birthday is more about the parents 'surviving' the first year, so to speak.

The theme of the party was 'BLOCKS'. I started my hard work with the blocks a.k.a. party door gift which I spent many, many hours preparing from scratch. Despite taking loads of pictures, I'm frustrated that I didn't take a picture of the finished product! It had a blue ribbon around it :)

The night before the party, me and my family spent some time decorating the house.

The entrance...

The reception table...

You may notice a 'Did You Know' frame there. If you can't read clearly, it says,"25 August is Woman's Day. I was born on that day in 2009!" I had a few more 'Did You Know' frames around the house, just so the guests would learn something about my boy.

Well, this one wasn't so much about my boy but more about Mer and me..

This party was actually a quadruple celebration: Hari Raya, Raees', Mer's and my birthday. But I didn't go around saying that, of course. Why? It was more for Raees :)

What's a party without balloons, right? Knowing how Raees just loves balloons, I had a lot of em around the house. The living room ceiling...

The stairs..

I (or rather, my mother in law) even decorated the void area with some party streamers. Turns out decorating with the streamers was not as easy as it seems.

The living room furniture were rearranged to make way for Raees' toys for the kids to play...

At the right hand corner of the room is a digital photoframe playing pictures of Raees from birth til toddlerhood, accompanied by a loop of songs from Sesame Street.

The banner was put up...


And we are ready to party!

That afternoon as Raees was taking his nap, it was raining cats and dogs. As the guests started coming around 3-ish, the rain has subsided and Raees was awake, fresh and ready to meet his many, many friends that were coming.

Reception/Photo area

Kids flooded the living room that was filled with toys...

The game room which is equipped with Nintendo Wii was a hit with the bigger kids...

Well, kids and adults alike...

Since inside the house was very much birthday party looking, outside was more open house-y...

We also had football at the garden. However because of the initial rain, kids hardly went outside the house. So the goal posts were under utilised that day.

Since this party was suppose to celebrate our little family's birthdays, I wanted each of us to have a cake, doesn't matter big or small.

Mer isn't much of a cake person so I suggested that he get a birthday sticky rice a.k.a. pulut...

Made and decorated by my mother

For me was Tiramisu (unfortunately no individual picture taken of it coz it arrived quite late and I was already busy entertaining guests).

For Raees, well I was very specific about the look and feel of Raees' cake. I got my talented cousin to realise it for me and she didn't let me down. Quote my cousin,"It's the most difficult cake I've ever done!"

I only saw the cake that morning and I was surprise to see how big it was! Best thing is, it was considered as Raees' birthday gift. Thank you, Kak Juih :)

Here's the dining table with the 2 birthday cakes + 1 birthday pulut with my childhood friends Munirah, Alia and Heydeq gossiping at the other end...

Then came the cake cutting ceremony. As it was the first time Raees had people singing for him, he seemed quite puzzled as if wondering "what's with all these people?" Hehe!

Since I was leaving for Syria that very night, I took charge to 'help' Raees upwrap the presents as soon as the guests left.

Raees sure had a lot of fun trying out his new toys!

All the hard work paid off. Raees enjoyed it, I definitely had a great time and the guests seemed happy. Thank you to those who came and made the party that much livelier :)

Oh yeahhh!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The coolest post ever!
I've been waiting the entry for Raees's birthday party and I guess it'll be long with lots of colorful n cute pictures! Believe me, almost all of the pics made me beam with ur creativeness n hard effort to make the party goin simple yet perfect. Credit for u in favor of this pleasant reading. U're pro! :)

-followed ur blog since 2008-

xoxo,
Zura

Hajarul Falenna said...

best gila jd raees...hehe

Suliana said...

best nye bday raees.. kreatif la mommy raees ni.. :-)

Suzie said...

hi irin,sorry if i couldn't make tho i received an invitation from u.i'm in the phase of terrible morning sickness n i'm rather shy bcoz don't have a child to bring along..hehe..maybe next year :-)

btw happy birthday raees n this is such a nice event for him.

Nurul Aima Hj Kaim said...

'pulut'tu nampak sedap..Nyum-nyum!! and then I love the decoration as well..comel raees :D smoga besar nnt jadi orang yg bijak..amin

Nini D.. said...

Raes... i love u so much & love this entry also!.. Happy birthday dear...

Ain said...

I like the "Did u know" frame also...my mom sharing the same birthday with Raees... :-)
Nice event! Credit to Irin..

puterihannan said...

nice burfday party for ur bb... :D

airin diana said...

nice birthday party, irin! congrates! byk betul balloon sampai lissa pun terpegun ;) and raees...sooo chubby. mmg geram tengok dia.

MOMMY NADIA said...

such a nice n beautiful party dear!
I love the balloons deco ;)

IRIN PUTRI said...

Zura: aww..thank you for your kind words :)

Hajarul: best jadi mak raees!

Suliana: thank you! :)

Suzie: Oh, no problem. yeah, maybe next year ;)

Nurul Aima: pulut tu memang sedap..home made tu!

Nini: raees loves you too :)

Ain: oh really? same birthday? cool! and thanks!

Puterihannan: thank you very much..

Airin: haha..glad berjaya terpegunkan lissa.

Mommy nadia: thank you :)

dbalkis said...

party planner???congrats Irin...

IRIN PUTRI said...

dbalkis: i am the party planner :D

Dale - 1st brithday party entertainer said...

Where is the picture of Reaees eating cake?

Melati said...

Raees syg, happy belated birthday to u!!! nice deco!

lily lotus said...

ohh i ingat u ada minta kat i my e-mail add haritu. tapi i tak dapat the invitation lah dear. so i missed the wonderful party :( apepun the party looks great! well done hot-momma irin :)

Elin said...

nice party..hot mama...cute son.. :)

Unknown said...

comelnya..saya nk pinjam idea did u know bole?