Friday, October 22, 2010

Pock pock pock!

Here's something interesting that I would like to share with you. In my family, none of my siblings have had chicken pox. People say everyone should get it once in their life time, but I didn't believe them. Just then, my brother (who is in his mid thirties) was diagnosed with the horribly contagious disease! (and I was in the same car as him that very morning...eek!)

My brother (at the other end of the table) prior to the pox

I freaked out when I heard the news. Not just for myself, but Raees too! His immunization jab is due in November, so he's not safe from it yet. How is he gonna run away from it with us living in the same house? Despite ensuring that my big brother stays put in his room, face it, the virus could easily spread especially when it's drying out. Call me paranoid, but I've started Googling about breastfeeding mother with chicken pox/breastfeeding child with chicken pox.

I can't imagine having the spots on this cute chubby little face...

I pray that my immune system will continue to thrive and my breast milk will help protect Raees from the pox. Aminnnnn...

10 comments:

Nini D.. said...

chaiyuk mummy..chaiyuk!

Suliana said...

klu baby kena cepat baik parut2 nya tu.. risau juga, aqil tak kena lagi, missles dah kena byk kali. huhu..

actually i pun tak kena lagi & hope so.. hehe

Fatma said...

irin,

my husband kena chicken pox masa my son was 4months old..mmg worried sgt2 sbb of course his father ada dukung2 pegang2 dia prior to that kan..yup because of being paranoid, mmg i larang husband turun dekat ngan anak2, just can't imagine 4months old baby merengek2 tak selesa gatal2 and whatnot..

after 2weeks, my husband recover, alhamdulillah...BUT, that was not the end of the story..i pulak was diagnosed with chicken pox, since bila husband sakit i yg bwk kan food utk dia, sediakan ubat etc..

just imagine, i fully breastfeed Hariz and i kena chicken pox, how terrible it was..masa mula2 tahu, mmg i nangis betul2 depan my mom n husband, sbb takleh imagine i can't sleep with my baby, i can't breastfeed him.

start masa tu, i was praying very2 hard please jgn bg anak i kena..read from the internet, tanye lactation counselor, they said its ok to breastfeed him but not directly..and since i kena chicken pox, the antibody developed will be transferred to Hariz as well through breasfeeding..so mcm akan prevent Hariz from chicken pox,insya allah..so with that, and i pray to Allah hopefully nothing will happen to my Hariz, i pam susu mcm biasa gi keje n alhamdulillah Hariz managed to still breasfed.

And syukur Alhamdulillah jugak up till now (24months old) Hariz belum kena chicken pox and same goes to my eldest daughter.

I think that is the most challenging moment for me in this journey to breastfeed my son.

So Irin, hope everything goes well with you and Raees insya allah..

cik puan akish said...

amin.....tape rees budak yg kuat!!!:)

IRIN PUTRI said...

nini d: tq :)

suliana: kalau boleh tak nak raees kena langsung, mcm mommy dia :D u pun tak kena lagi ye? *high 5*

fatma: wow..amazing! despite daddy dia pegang2, yet baby tak kena. i pun tak boleh imagine kalau 4 mth old baby kena chicken pox. i sangat paranoid sekarang ni. since i tak pernah kena so tak ada immunity nak passing kat raees. and my brother tu pulak sekali sekala gatal keluar bilik ambik air lah ape lah. hopefully my antibody yg kuat diturunkan kat dia juga. your comment berjaya kurangkan my paranoia sikit. thanks!

akish: insyaAllah :)

Little Tots Journey said...

He's a strong Boy.....No Worries....

umi ameer said...

susu mak mmg ada antibiotik..
teruskan je dan terus berdoa k?
everything will be fine

IRIN PUTRI said...

little tots: i know, i really hope he doesn't get it.

umi: thanks for the reassurance :)

amirah said...

just berdoa raees will be ok..i think if u berjangkit pox pun ok but shld be extra hati2 bila pegang raees..ermm..tak terfikir pulak camne kalau terkena kan

IRIN PUTRI said...

Amirah: I kena pox ok?? Tak naaaak! Memang langsung tak boleh pegang raees kalau kena.