Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Future Hari Raya Dilemma?

Mer has 5 siblings, 3 of whom are married. All together there are 5 grandchildren in this family. Meriah kan?

If you've been following my blog, you would know that Raees loves playing with his older cousins. With cousin Rizq Raiyan who is about Raees' age, they are bound to be best of pals when they grow up too.

Now, let's take a look at my family...

I have 3 siblings and I am the only one who is married which makes Raees the one and only grandchild.

At the rate things are going, it doesn't look like Raees will be having cousins on my side of the family anytime soon. Why? My twin brothers, who are in their mid 30s, are so very single!

Naturally the whole family is concern. What makes me MORE worried is how the future hari raya will be like. If a child were to choose which kampung they wanna balik to for raya and he has these options:

a) spend the whole raya, day and night, with his cousins
b) raya with adults (plus his - future - siblings that he meets everyday)

...isn't it obvious which he would prefer?? Help!

9 comments:

Suliana said...

igtkan irin anak tunggal :-) ada abg twin lagi rupanye :-) may be u blh dpt twin lepas ni?? hehe.. ada kawan utk raees main2.. hehe

amirah said...

hahaha..no worries mommy..

Thara said...

oh my, we're in the same boat! exactly what i thought of recently! altho my sister is married, aydein is however the first and only grandchild on my side of family so far. whereas on the other side of the family, dah 10! tak masuk sedara2 kecik yang lain lagi! poor aydein. i'll bet he's bored each time balik Penang bcoz there's no one to play with except with his uncles and auntie! the same goes to raees! what to do la? im as clueless as u are!

deena awanis said...

soon, i'm going to be in the same shoes as u laa..=(

Suzie said...

u've the probability to get twins too.

M.i.r.a.n.d.a said...

same goes to me. this coming few years (if adik i tak kawen awl sgt), not even 1 cousin for adib in my side =p

Anonymous said...

hi... i was googling looking for info for work and i stumble upon your family pix.. ur parents looks very familiar.. esp ur dad.. i think he was with nestle rite? and ur twin bro.. and you grew up in taman tun near restoran muhibbah.. rumah corner lot.. coz my dad was with nestle last time and i think our dad used to work together in vevey.. if my info salah... please accept my appologies..

IRIN PUTRI said...

Hey Anonymous,

Yes we are Taman Tun kids and our house was next to the corner lot. I was with my family in Switzerland when I was just 3 months old! Who's your father btw?

Anonymous said...

hi there.. err.. so it's true that ur dad used to work with nestle then.. we were also in Switzerland but i think we went there earlier before ur dad went there.. my dad had lost touch with many of his old friends after he left nestle.. some i still recognize based on the old photos that he had.. my dad's name is yeop..