Monday, June 07, 2010

EBM In Trouble

I was in a hurry to go to work yesterday morning. I quickly grabbed the icepack from the freezer and put it in my cooler bag. I noticed it isn't frozen although I left it in the freezer over the weekend. But since I was rushing I didn't think much of it.

When I was pumping in the afternoon the icepack was noticably 'uncool', which I find odd.

I came home and made an inspection and freaked out! I found a few bottles of EBM were almost completely thawed!

FYI the EBM were stored since a month ago, which could supply Raees for about 14 days.

I took out around 7 bottles and 4 storage bags that didn't look good and transferred the rest to a different freezer.

In a panic, I texted Adriana aka glam.mama to find out if the remaining EBM are safe for consumption. Here's her reply:

"The general rule is that if the milk still has ice crystals in it, it is safe to re-freeze and consume. If completely thawed, it's not recommended."

Phew! And I thought a month's hard work were going to waste.

I got extra freaked out coz I'll be overseas again in a weeks time. Where about now? Singapore. Hehe..it's still considered overseas kan? :P

10 comments:

Suliana said...

pernah berlaku to me, fridge tak tutup rapat.. sangat frust tapi nasib baik la dia baru cair skit je..huhu.. tapi sebab dah desperate sgt, saya kuatkan hati & yakin tentang susu tu elok utk diminum. nasib baik dia ok, tak sakit perut ke apa..hehe

~IZZAH~ said...

baru tau regarding the general rule... saya pernah buang dalam 2 or 3 bottles EBM yg masih ada crystal ice sbb ingat dah thawed.. huhu...

MOMMY NADIA said...

its true..its more easy to handle the ebm rather than fm..;)

p/s nice to meet u at Thara's party..and Raees mmg sgt gebu..geram btol I tgk peha dia ;)

lily lotus said...

oh luckily u perasan. and nasib it's not a wastekan :)

IRIN PUTRI said...

Suliana: ni I tak tau sbb apa. Freezer tutup je. Apa pun nasib baik boleh selamatkan lagi. Phew!

Izzah: nasib baik 2-3 bottles je.

Mommy Nadia: nice to meet you too :)

lily lotus: wasted more than 10 though. Nasib baik Ada byk Lagi. .

Nurazian@singapore said...

Hi ther, how long will u be in Singapore? Ada event ke? So nice if terserampak u in this small city..

IRIN PUTRI said...

I'll be In Singapore on Tuesday and Wednesday for Broadcast Asia 2010. I might just be at the nearby shops doing some shopping too. Heard it's sale time over there kan? :D

IRIN PUTRI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nurazian said...

Hi Irin, its the Great Singapore Sale(GSS).. Good time n plc to shop n great bargains too :)

IRIN PUTRI said...

Yeah that's my mission today. Shopping like gila!