Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakfast Menu

You know my parents have totally different taste in food - one western, the other local/traditional.

Let me tell you about this funny morning I had. Mommy and daddy were having breakfast and they were having totally different dishes.

Mommy with her pancakes with butter and honey (plus orange juice)...


...on the other hand, daddy had this thing called Nasi Ambang.


It was served in banana leaf before daddy put it in a plate. I was told this dish can also be served in a tray. Interesting...

Then mommy and daddy started tempting me, to see which one I like better.


Oh no, they were making me decide!

I didn't wanna take sides but since I get delicious milk from mommy, I picked pancakes! Sorry daddy! :P

Daddy said Nasi Ambang is as delicious as how delicious pancakes are to mommy. In fact, mommy's gonna have it for lunch. So as much as mommy is a westerner in food, she still is an Asian at heart :D

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

kak mas said...

nasi ambang ialah menu orang jawa. memang delicious.. i liiike.. tapi for breakfast quite heavy la..

Nini D.. said...

hahahha.....Raes mmg anak Mummy yg tulen!!...

mama said...

did u eat up all the pancakes mummy?? :p

IRIN PUTRI said...

Kak mas: dah bapaknyer nak makan. Siap makan 2 Kali pulak tu. Breakfast and lunch. Hahaha..

Nini: semestinya :D

mama: makan 1/2 je :)

Anonymous said...

sorry to interrupt...
kat KL nasi Ambang sedap blh dpt di cafeteria Perdana Lake Garden near playground..hehehe sedap2 cume dh siap bungkus RM4.50..our family always having breakfast there before going to playground..

airin diana said...

kesian la raees has to make decision at this age..hehe..luckily he chose wut his mom ate. good boy! anak mommy betul la nie ;)

IRIN PUTRI said...

Anonymous: sempat promote lagi tu. Hehe..

Airin: raees suka pilih2 food tu :D

Glam Mama Adriana said...

hehe..raees really does look like he's thinking hard about making the decision! what a cute pic of a cute (albeit confused) boy.

IRIN PUTRI said...

Hehe..both of us were campaigning for our respective dish that time. Mana tak pening that boy :D