Friday, May 14, 2010

Pumping On Assignment

I was on assignment at a hospital recently and had to find a place to pump. It was lunch time and I politely asked the nurses if I could 'borrow' the room we were in since they were going out to get somethig to eat anyway.

So here you have it...pumping at the hospital procedure room. Thats a first.


With my trusted notebook and cordless mic patiently waiting for me at the side.

A few days later I'm confronted with a different situation. Not an assignment but an event..a fashion show plus product launch. Guess what I have to do? Here's a clue: It involves 4 inch heels.

Actually I'm in the middle of getting my hair done. How am I gonna find time and place to pump? We shall see...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

10 comments:

liyana said...

good job mummy irin. no wonder la Raees montel2..hehe
muahh Raees comel ;)

Nini dear.. said...

u can do it!!...hip hip...hooray!!!!

Farhana Ibrahim said...

irin: 1 Q to ask.. Y u have to pump it during your work? erm.. Y not at home...? hehehe... SOrry if i asked silly Q... not married yet.. dats y , wondering y ... :P

IRIN PUTRI said...

Thanks liyana and nini :)

farhana, not silly at all. Here's why I need to pump at work:

1. If I don't pump the susu, it will become banyak and make the breast bengkak and sakit.

2. If selalu biarkan without pumping, our body system will take it as we don't need much milk (demand kurang). So the body will produce less susu and after a while susu tak keluar lagi dah.

3. The susu yg pump at work simpan utk baby minum the next day while I'm away at work.

4. Why pump at home when I can give to my baby directly? :D

Anonymous said...

Hai..I've been reading yr blog for quite some time and you inspire me to fully breastfeed my 3mths old daughter. I didn't do it for my first and second child and I'm not gonna make the same mistake again...
Keep posting yr breatfeeding journey with Raees..He is so adorable..
P/S: I saw the latest season of Kimora Life in the Fab Lane and she is pumping while getting her hair done as well...

Anisah

IRIN PUTRI said...

Anisah: seriously? aww..I'm glad to have inspired you to breastfeeding your baby :D

Was that an old episode of Kimora? Her kids are big now right ?

Anonymous said...

Irin, it's the latest episode of Kimora. She just had a baby boy name Kenzo with her new partner/husband(?) and while doing the photoshoot she's pumping with her Medela Freestyle and she keep on telling that no matter what pumping is her first priorities cos she want her son to get her breastmilk...


Anisah

MOMMY NADIA said...

hehe Irin,since u dah dekat hospital kan..pinjam aje hospital punye pump hehehe..
heavy duty medela pump tau!
mesti best..;0
gurau aje..

research papers writing said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my research papers writing. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

IRIN PUTRI said...

Research: Oh cool! Let me know the outcome of the research :)