Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From New Zealand With Love (Part 3)

After a day overloaded with kiwifruit, the next few days were fun and games for us! We started the day high in the sky...

...and got a birds-eye view of Tauranga. Simply beautiful! I don't know how many times I've been left amazed with the beauty nature of this country...and there are more to come!

We had lunch at a lodge about 45 minutes away from Tauranga...

...with another amazing view! This time overlooking Lake Tarawera...

I was hoping to see the places where they shot Lord Of The Rings but there wasn't enough time. Despite of that, I was left with my mouth wide open with other beautiful places I managed to set my eyes on.

Just before lunch, we were entertained by a Maori cultural performance. Very interesting! Now I know the symbolic reason behind them sticking out their tongue and buldging their eyes.


After lunch, we were all set for the cruise at the Tarawera Lake. Woohoo!

I had the chance to handle a jetski for the first time, assisted by our trusted bus driver, Peter.

I went round and round chasing waves which was a whole lotta fun! I could've done it all day but I had to give other people a chance. Don't wanna hog that thing now, do we? :)

There are parts of the lake where we can find natural thermal water. Somehow the water is heated from the earth below apparently from volcanic activities. I don't know the whole story but it was really, really hot! I tried sinking my feet in them...3 seconds later I was out again. Weird thing was the water temperature around it would go hot and cold...hot and cold.


The trip gets better and better...wait for the next part, coming up!

4 comments:

Nurul Aima Hj Kaim said...

whOooOoaaaaa!!

RuZaNNa said...

Wow! It so much fun!!!!
How i wish i'm in your shoes.. hehehe :)

Suzie said...

ur pic kat tarawera lake tu sgt cantik la,dgn view n pose...very au naturel! :-)

IRIN PUTRI said...

aima: bunyik orang maori kah?

ruzanna: it was so fun :)

suzi: thanx :D