Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Do The Math

Did I ever tell you that math was my favourite subject in school? Because of that I would like to share a lil math with you. Shall we?

[ (20/4) x 9 ] - 12 = 33

20 is the estimate amount of milk Raees drinks in a day. He drinks an average of 4 oz per serving/pack.

I'll be overseas for 9 days (instead of 10 as I mentioned before).

I had 12 packs of expressed breast milk stored in the freezer initially.

I need to get 33 packs before I leave for my assignment or face the concequences - Raees will have to be given formula milk.

As some of you may know, I've started pumping all out for the past one and a half weeks using an automated pump. How am I doing now, you ask?

Well, you see, erm...hmmm...I need a total of 45 packs all together (5 packs x 9 days).

As of now, I have a totally of...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(drumroll please)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(wait for it)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
46 packs!

Yes, I have achieved my target! And YESSS, Raees doesn't have to drink formula while I'm away! Woohoo! Thank you to my good friend, Munirah, for lending me the automated pump (which I eventually purchased from her).

I still keep the momentum going although there's enough EBM for my handsome boy. The more the merrier, right? ;)

13 comments:

RuZaNNa said...

*clap**clap*
Good job Irin! Madela PIS best kan? i heard it can be operated hands free.. tp harganyaa.. aiyoyo.. mahal!.. i'm happy with my Avent Uno.. tp mana tau 2nd child my husband bagi upgrade to PIS.. hehehe..

Suliana said...

yeay!! dah tak risau lagi raees nk minum susu apa:-)muat ke fridge nak letak susu tu??

Thara said...

well done babe! yeay! :D

MOMMY NADIA said...

wahwah!!good job Irin..
make sense ek..use PIS great catch!
haha..I've been asking for MEDELA PIS too for next round,spectra n miniE ni pun dah terlebih berjasa...:)

Aini said...

Syabas!!! I pun turut sama teruja juger ;). hehehe..

glam.mama said...

YESSS! Congrats, babe ;D Amazing how much milk you can express with the Medela PIS, kan??

IRIN PUTRI said...

Thanks girls! Semangat punya pasal :) right now the frozen EBM occupies about 3/4 of the freezer :D

mama said...

does it really makes much difference compared to your manual avent? how many oz/session? anyway, congrats lahh!! :D

pu3natul said...

wow!i'm totally impressed.will definitely get the FS for my next baby.

IRIN PUTRI said...

It does make things a whole lot easier compared to manual pump. Faster and i get more milk.

Previously I resorted to pumping once a day and got an average of 10-12oz. But that took such a long time.

Now I'm back to pumping twice at work and I get between 5-8oz per session. At the end of the day I usually bring back about 13-14oz.

oh, I also pump before gong to work.

anyways thanks mama and put3natul :)

airin diana said...

congrates irin! lucky Raees to have a dedicated mum like u. good job ;)

tuty said...

wahwahwah.. i'm one of ur silent reader. PIS is a very very good pump, it makes you lebih bersemangat nak pump, kan? :)

now i'm using freestyle, which turned me to a multitasker. haha..

it's good raees doesn't consume so much milk. in my case, my baby drinks 20oz tu siang je. kalau la i kena keje jauh2 mcm u. habiss tak tau mana nak mula nnt. haha

IRIN PUTRI said...

airin diana: thank you :)

tuty: hey2..thanks for breaking the silence :D i found a way to freestylekan PIS. so boleh pump pagi2 sambil siap2 untuk kerja. hehe!