Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Challenge Awaits

I'll be overseas for 10 days.

It's pretty much confirmed this time. As great an experience that will be, I'm very worried that I might not be able to stock up enough breast milk for Raees. I haven't been able to replenish the frozen milk back to its original amount after my 3-day Sabah assignment.

From the last experience, Raees needs about 20oz a day. Right now the stocked up milk I have is enough for about 4 days only. Lucky thing I've been given ample time to prepare as I won't be leaving until 2 weeks time. I am gonna have to pump like crazy!

I have a formula on standby since 5 months ago. It's great that it is left untouched. But will this 10-day trip force it to finally be used?

I hope not.

9 comments:

Suliana said...

aha..that's the same problem we are facing right now.. tapi, i lambat lagi, tu pun belum tentu dapat stock up..huhu..so sad..

~farahsyeefa~ said...

jgn la irin...try pump sekerap mungkin ye...insyaAllah cukup tu stock susu :)

anisfuad said...

irin... i doakan u dapat stock up EBM . I kagum sangat dengan u

MOMMY NADIA said...

owwh dear..semoga Allah memudahkan segala urusan..
happy pumping!!

Mama Atun said...

irin,
jgn la bg FM kat babay raees, kesian kat dia,selama nie raees dah dah minum EBM takkan la skarang nie nak bg FM lak. try to pump sekerap yg mungkin utk buat stock. u can do it!!!!!!!

MiuMiu said...

irin.. do power pumping..
i do some research for u.. refer this..
http://sweetstory.yuitsumuni.com/2010/02/power-pumping-2/

harap membantu.. moge raees terus dapat khasiat susibu sepenuhnye...

tak payah lah bg FM...

i pon ade standby FM Enfalac.. 'dugaan' kuat so bagi kat org...

IRIN PUTRI said...

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm pumping doubly hard now. Managed to stock up 1 pack in the last 24 hours. Well it's a start. InsyaAllah I can get at least 3-4 more tomorrow (Friday) since Raees doesn't require ebm on weekends.

Miumiu, thanx for the link. Power pumping eh? I shall give it a try :)

dbalkis said...

ye Irin..Try ur best. I fail to stock enough ebm for my son when i left him at 5mths for 8-9 days..full ebm only for 4 days. U still have time,,but don't over doing it. Nanti stress lagi kurang susu..

T Care..I'm also abroad now.. Being full time pumping mom sangat memenatkan..I pump n dump half of the ebm, only keep those i pump in hotel room since i only bring 1 coolbag..u may also read my past entry under the label:baby on my past experience pumping and bring back my ebm from japan..

RuZaNNa said...

Hi Irin,

I agree about the power pumping while you can.. Insya Allah, you have ample time to stock up.. anyway just would like to share tips about how to bring back the milk that you've pumped during your oversea trip.. http://www.thesuzette.com/category/breastfeeding/bfg-travel/

Masa i pergi London dulu, i followed exactly the tips and Alhamdulillah, i managed to bring all my EBM back safely without any of them cair.. hope that tips will help you as well :)