Thursday, September 10, 2009

Night Duty

My darling Raees,

The first few nights at home was difficult for mommy coz you didn't wanna sleep and mommy didn't know why you cried although I've fed, cleaned and burped you. There was a time mommy almost broke down again coz I was very tired.

Luckily Tok Mama is just a few feet away and came to the rescue. Somehow you usually stop crying when she carries you. I guess mommy and daddy have yet to gain the skills to properly handle your fragile self.

Now that you're recovering from jaundice, mommy noticed your sleeping pattern slowly changes as well. Although you wake up every 2-3 hours, mommy managed to get you back to sleep for 2 nights in a row! I guess we're both slowly getting a hang of each other :)

We usually don't disturb daddy on weekdays coz daddy has to work the next day. You've kept him awake last weekend but be sure you cut him some slack this coming weekend when he's on duty. Be a good boy, just like how you've been the past couple of nights, ok Raees?

That's my boy :)


Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

RuZaNNa said...

Irin,
I think it's normal that newly born babies to wake up at night for no reason.. in my case, my husband lives in sarawak and i'm in KL, so at night i'll go on night shift alone until i can't handle it, then only i'll pass my son to my mom.. dun worry, soon you'll get a hang of it ;)

Thara said...

and i was just going to ask you how you managed to be so calm and collected all thru your confinement period without breaking down, coz i did! hehe.

i found the first 2 weeks were the toughest! after that, u'll definitely get the hang of it. mummy blues.. mummy blues. :P

Mummy Edrez said...

Hi Irin,

Raees is such an adorable boy =). So cute and lovely. Speaking of the breaking down experience, I had the same too. It was a first time experience for me and I had no clue and no idea why my son was crying. I guess, sometimes it is just the adjustment period for the baby to the outer world. =)

IRIN PUTRI said...

glad i'm not the only one who had such problem!

ruzanna: i'm so glad my mom is around to help with raees. my husband and i would be so lost without her.

thara: now that he has passed the 2-week mark, he seems to settle to a pattern and much easier to handle of course!

mummy edrez: tq :) i'm glad raees has finally adjusted himself.