Thursday, August 13, 2009


I've been on stand by for almost 2 weeks and there's still no sign of labor, not even a false alarm. As the due date reaches, I'm getting more and more restless and uncomfortable. I've even considered induced labor if my baby boy doesn't want to come out by the due date.

Plus, fasting month is fast approaching. It would be convenient for everyone if I am home with the baby when fasting starts, without having to go back and forth to the hospital.

However after thinking things through, I feel that induced labor for the sake of convenience, timing and just because I'm tired of waiting, is not right.

Doctor says induction is a must if I'm 1 week overdue. So what's one more week of waiting compared to the 40 weeks I've been through?


Suraya Yeop Jr said...

babe, good luck! im so excited for u :) cant wait to see your lil bundle of joy. text me tau when he finally arrives!

IRIN PUTRI said...

hey thanx! i will definitely text u once baby boy makes his debut :)

RuZaNNa said...

Hi Irin,

Just sharing my experience. I went through induced labor on my 39th week. My brother (a Dr.) was against it since it has chances to end with cesarean. But we went ahead with induce labor and Alhamdulillah everything went well, and i gave birth naturally (of course with the help of epidural.. heheh).
Good luck!

IRIN PUTRI said...

Hi Ruzanna..thanx for sharing. I read about the chances of c-section too and the more intense pain. Partly why I decided to wait for nature to take its course.