Monday, July 20, 2009

Look where mommy brought me...

The last assignment for Majalah 3 I did when I was 4 months pregnant. Of all places, my baby and me went into an abandoned tin mine in Sg. Lembing, Pahang.

It was once the largest underground tin mine in the world. When I say largest I do mean large and very deep. Believe it or not, miners back then went about 2300feet underground - almost twice the height of KLCC twin towers!

Fast forward to the future - my crew and me (and baby) explored the mine. We stayed on ground since underground is not accessible anymore.

Going into the mine with Pak Ali, one of the earliest miners - tummy alert!

At first I was a little bit reluctant to go in coz even the ladies from the Sg. Lembing Museum didn't dare join us. I braved myself for the sake of my story, took each step as carefully as possible and stayed close to our guide.

The plan was to go just a few meters in to get a few shot of place. We ended up going as far as 500 meters in! We probably spent about 2 hours in the mine.

Haih..the places I go and the things I do with my baby. He might grow up being one adventurous kid!

No comments: