Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Babies!

Sorry guys.. I've been slacking ever since I got hitched. So much for resolutions..haha! But fear not, I'm still the same. Nothing has changed. Still doing MedikTV, still no baby...hehe!

I've been married for over a year now and people are bored of asking when I'll have a baby. When the time is right, the baby will come :)

Speaking of babies, my buddy Munirah delivered triplets early June after 6 1/2 months pregnant. Unfortunately she lost one baby due to complications. I was just reading her blog, she wrote about her pregnancy, anticipating their arrival and how happy she and hubby were that pregnancy was going well. Although in the end things didn't turn out perfectly, at least she still has 2 beautiful and handsome babies. You're a strong girl Mun, Harith and Athirah are lucky to have such wonderful parents.

The months before her delivery, I worked hard on a special Mother's Day MedikTV episode. One of the most satisfying stories I've ever done to date. The feature was about babies -caesarian section, premature birth and triplets. We shot triplets delivery via C-section. I was in the operating theater and was astonished, almost cried even. I was happy for the couple. In fact, felt like I wanted one right away. Oops.. Hehe!

I also interviewed a family with 6-year- old triplets. They turn out to be 3 of the friendliest kids I've ever met. Before I left their house, they gave me a peck on the cheek. So sweeeeett...

Best part of all, I finished the story with a tribute to mothers. A few slow-mo shots of mother-child moments from the show while Innuendo's Ratu Hati played on the background. The ending credit visuals had pictures of my mom with me, my brothers, my mother-in-law with Mer and his siblings. It's sort of a mother's day suprise for them :)

Many people I know from school are hitched and having babies! Now their Friendster profiles are filled with pictures of their babies rather than themselves... Ah heck, maybe I would do the same when I get a baby..hehe! But my point is, 2006-2007 is like the turning point in my life where I no longer have the carefree lifestyle of a teenager and become a responsible career woman / wife.

But I still look 18 don't I? :P

Paris gave birth prematurely and didn't know what to do with the 2 kittens, which eventually led to their death. 2 days later, we got an addition to the family. Introducing Paris' adopted kitten, Leia...

My babies

2 comments:

weezerie said...

irin ni comel laaa....

weezerie said...

irin ni comel laaa....