Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Life oh life!

As some of you may have noticed, I'm now playing bigger role in MedikTV. From a mere journalist (on location doing all the dirty work behind the scenes) to hosting (plus more dirty work).

Someone once told me - to become a presenter you must first become a good journalist (though I see many have taken the shortcut). I'm grateful to be moving ahead in my career, Alhamdulillah..

So how does an IT graduate turn out to become a medical program presenter?

If you're an avid reader of my blog, you may have witnessed my progress from a fresh graduate...



I know I know, I look like a kindergarden kid


to a broadcast journalist...




That's no nurse, that's me writing



to a presenter :)



Here's something ironic. 2 1/2 years ago, just after my final exams, I auditioned at Channel 9. Thought I would give it a try. First audition went well. Then came the disastrous second audition.

I didn't know journalism and hosting came hand-in-hand. I blew off the chance because I said I wasn't interested in journalism. Reason being - I imagined a news reporter rushing around and chasing people to get an interview on a daily basis, which was not my kinna thing.

That period in time, I was a huge 8TV fan. I came across a post in 8TV forum about job application. I made my move. TV3 called instead. I auditioned, later went through English test, Mensa test (never knew how I scored), another round of interview and then came the happy happy news! Job as a Broadcast Journalist - the very thing I declined a few months back.

Knowing a freshgrad shouldn't be choosy, I accepted it with an open heart.

Little did I know being a broadcast journalist for a program such as MedikTV is a whole different thing!

2 years doing the same thing was enough to polish me for the new season and fit for the new concept. My workload has somewhat doubled this time around. But as spidey would say - with great gifts come great responsibility :P

Gifted, am I? Well, you be the judge.

No comments: