Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sweetie pie

Thought I could finally have a complete weekend this time around. But hey, I got to the office first thing Saturday morning..haha! Didn't manage to get things done yesterday, had to tempias a bit of work to this day. But it's no biggie. I'll be off in the afternoon to spend some quality time with Mer :D

He was being such a sweetheart this week, I recall it was on Monday. I had a last minute meeting in KL and couldn't get TV3's transport. Since I don't drive to work and none of my colleagues were around to lend me their car, I was told to get the cab.

At this time, Mer was in Cyberjaya busy with his work. After hearing my situation, he came right over (with some KFC) and drove me all the way to KL. His reason for doing so: to protect me from possibly-psycho cab drivers. I was so touched :D

That's not all. He didn't plan to go back all the way his office, so he brought along his laptop. With that he was able to do his work. He drove me back to my office and found a place where he could work in peace while waiting for me to finish mine. Of all days, that was the most hectic one. Told him over and over that he didn't have to wait but he waited anyway (all the while doing his work, of course). Note that this also contributed to my stress as written in the previous post. I finally settled everything at 11 pm and he drove me home after that.

That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Can't get any sweeter than that :D I sure am lucky..hehe!

On other news, last Thursday there was a huge fire at the construction site very close to my workplace. It was the headline on the news that night. Many people worked together to move cars that were parked close to it. They might've smashed the glass to release the handbrake.

If the firemen were any slower than they already were, the fire might've reached our building. Fire drill went off, we left the building. If it happened to reach here, we wouldn't have anywhere to go since the only exit was around the scene of the event. Boo the architects!

No comments: