Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Back from East Coast

I went on my first overnight, outstation, work-related trip. Yay me! I spent 4 days in Kelantan shooting for MedikTV. I was with my producer and I must say, I was quite pressured having to stick with her for the whole 4 days as she would be observing how I go about my work. Somehow working under pressure was a good thing ;)

We were there to shoot 2 surgeries, including the patient's before and after condition. One was on kidney stone surgery, which took about 4 hours to complete. Another was a brain tumour surgery on a 6 year old boy and that one lasted for a good 15 1/2 hours. It started at noon and finished around 3.30 the next morning. Yes, we had to stay there from start to finish!

I don't think many people could stand looking at what the surgeons were doing to that poor boy. They seperated the boy's skin from his skull from the top of his head to his eyes (it seemed like a mask actually). They cut open his skull to expose his brain. I saw it beating..very cool! :D

We came back in the morning to see his condition and requested that his parents come see him in the ICU, since his mom wasn't able to eat nor sleep coz anxiously waiting to see her son. It was a win-win situation. We get to shoot the parents' first reaction and they got to see their son way before visiting hours. They looked calm throughout the time and just when the crew and the hospital staffs were ready to leave them alone, the mother collapsed. Poor momma..but she was ok after a while. We caught everything on camera so I suppose this will turn out to be a very dramatic story ;)

Just before I left, I did a bit of shopping at the market. I got a whole lot of crackers to satisfy my family's tastebuds and some scarfs for my mom. This was an interesting trip but veeeerryyyy tiring. I still haven't got enough sleep to keep me awake today. Should've taken the day off. Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. It's not like I have anything to do at the office today. Thus, the very long entry..hehe!

6 comments:

killarkai said...

:O no shit!!! i would have fainted!

destroyar said...

PANTAT MU KAN KU JILAT....MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

destroyar said...

PANTAT MU KAN KU JILAT....MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

destroyar said...

PANTAT MU KAN KU JILAT....MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

destroyar said...

PANTAT MU KAN KU JILAT....MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

destroyar baik said...

NAK BERKENALAN DGN SAYA?....MUAHAHAHAHA!!!