Saturday, August 21, 2004

Malaysian Idol ups and downs

Idaura offered me 2 tickets to Malaysian Idol coz she couldn't make it as she was in Penang. Too bad for me, one one wanted to go along. I passed them tickets to Aiman and went to Uptown with the chicks instead.

I feel like there's something that's not quite right with Malaysian Idol. There's just something about the atmosphere that doesn't give out the vibe as American Idol and I can't figure out what it is. And the dual-language doesn't help either. It seems quite off when someone speaks in Bahasa and another replies in English and vice versa. They should stick to one host who can speak both languages fluently.

Don't get me started about the judges. I used to complain about Fauziah Latif being a very lousy judge. Now I'm cursing those people who got her there in the first place. What do they see in her?? She isn't qualified to be a judge. Her favourite sentences: "Good try", "I like your style", "I agree", "You can do bedder".

Roslan Aziz is OK but he doesn't elaborate much on his comments, does he?

My favourite would be Paul Moss. Of all the judges, it's obvious that he really does know what he's talking about. During the last results show, I noticed that his prediction of the bottom 3 were all a hit.

The contestants are mostly quite timid. The one that stands out among the rest is, of course, Jac. I think they should just forego all the concerts and give the Malaysian Idol title to her..hehe! To me, she's clearly the most deserving and can actually give Fantasia Barrino a challenge.


(Jac)

No comments: