Saturday, May 01, 2004

damn C9

Well I was excited when I managed to qualify for the 2nd audition. They mentioned that the audition was from 2-6 pm. Got there at 3pm, my turn came at 9pm..although I was the 25th person to be auditioned.

They spent more than half an hour per person for first few people that went in. They said it was really difficult coz they asked general knowledge questions (e.g.: who was the minister of ___ Department in year 19**?) and debated issues with them.

Some of them even came out saying that they were looking for journalist. Well that's a shocker coz as mentioned in the advertisement, they were looking for host for some programs. After a while they didn't spend too long on 1 person, cut down to about 15 mins or so.

When it was finally my turn, well, it took less than 5 mins coz the first question they asked me after I read the 150-words script was: "Are you interested in journalism?"

I told them that I came to audition for a host not journalist and their answer to that, "To be a presenter you first need to be a journalist. There's no such title as 'presenter' in TV production but there's 'journalist/presenter'." Actually I don't remember the term they used for that, but whatever it was, it means that it does both journalism and presentation.

Then they took some time explaining it to me and when I said I'm not interested in that, they said there's no need for me to continue. I wasted 6 hours of my time for that?! I felt so cheated! Damn Channel 9.

When I told other people that came for the audition, all of them were shocked coz they didn't know it too.

This was the ad they wrote:

This is your chance for a challenging career! If you are the new face of Channel 9, don’t miss out an open audition to be an anchor or host for Channel 9’s newest production! You have to be between 20 and 35 years old…, Have at least a diploma or equivalent…, Be fluent in English & Bahasa Melayu.. Have a dynamic and interesting personality and ready for any challenge!

Attend Channel 9’s walk in audition on 22nd and 23rd April from 10 am to 6 pm at the Channel 9 Broadcast Centre, Temasya Industrial Park, Shah Alam, Selangor… Please bring along your resume and passport-sized photo….


Anything about journalism there?

No comments: